Sunday, July 08, 2007

Countdown.

So the movers will be here at the crack of dawn (or two hours late, whatever will be most inconvenient for me -- If I were a betting woman, my guess is that they'll show up just as I'm dropping Munchkin off at daycare) and I'm trying to get as many things on the move checklist done.

But with each I manage to cross off the list, I think of two more that I should do. And those two things I can't do with my two-year-old wanting to "help" me. As I started putting all of our cleaning supplies in a box to put in the bathroom, Munchkin picked up a small bottle of bleach and started shaking it like a maraca. As I counted DVDs by putting them into piles of 10, he decided to rearrange my piles when I was about halfway through, totally messing up my count. When I started taking pictures down from the walls, he climbed up right behind me on the step stool and tried to demand the nail once I had it free of the wall. And I cannot even fathom the reaction if I started trying to pack up a box of toys for the week or two we will be without stuff or started disassembling the octopus of wires and cords from the DVD/TV set up. My poor heart couldn't take it.

So instead, I'm making a list of things I can do once Munchkin goes to bed tonight. 'Cause, as someone once said, there is nothing worth doing that can't be put off until the last moment.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Ugh - I do not envy you at all. Having a little one when you're trying to do all these things...sigh. I'm glad that we have at least one, if not two, more years here - my little one will be 4 or 5 by then!

Non-Essential Equipment said...

Luckily, Munchkin is hanging out at daycare today. I don't think his little heart could take seeing his toys all boxed up...

We should be at our next duty station for 2 years or so. Maybe by the PCS home to the states, my boy will be more able to help!