Sunday, January 06, 2008

I kept my promise.

I did.

I went laptop-free for a whole 10 days. It didn't seem that bad once I got over the initial shock of leaving it behind -- a few cups of very strong tea helped with the shakes I got when I realized that I had no way to access the free (!) Wi-fi at the airport. I spent the 10 days much as anyone would while visiting family. I visited. I ate too much. And I snuck onto my in-laws' desktop when I was drunk enough to handle dial-up.

Like a faithful companion, my laptop was there waiting for me when I got home. And though I can't say that I totally missed it while I was gone, I hugged it for a whole 8 minutes after walking in the door.

Which, coincidentally, was the amount of time it took to boot up after such a long shut down period.

But anyway, I'm back. Hope everyone had a very happy holiday!

2 comments:

prophet said...

Impressive!

Hey - you were missed. Glad you're back!

Butterfly Wife said...

Yay! Nice to see you back. And now that I know you were dealing with dial-up, thanks for responding to my email. :D

Happy New Year to you and your family.