Friday, February 29, 2008

Just a silly old love song.

As part of our unit's farewell ceremony, I've been asked to create a slideshow complete with photos from the past year and personal messages. It's to be set to music. Only problem is, I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what music to use.

We have a very diverse unit. Lots of different ages, races, religions and preferences. There's no way to please everyone. But I would like to stay moderately hip. But honestly, do you know how hard it is to find songs that aren't too happy, aren't too sad, don't talk about drugs, drinking, adultery or breaking up or God? It ain't easy, I tell you. It ain't easy at all.

But I came up with a couple choices (the slideshow will take about 15 minutes -- so 3-4 songs). I thought Rihanna's "Umbrella," though played out, would fit. Foo Fighters' "Next Year" is always a popular choice. And that country dude who sings "That's what it's all about."

But I don't know. The choices feel lame. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? I'm taking anything but Toby Keith requests.

5 comments:

c wiss said...

Randomly had a thought for this days after reading your post, hope maybe you still need suggestions?

Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down
Bruce Springsteen - The Rising

:)

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of 3 doors down "Love me when I'm gone"

That is what I did our too befoe and everyone loved it.
And I think you should get up with this lady in front of her husband and tell her where to shove her tea biscuts!

Marine Wife said...

You could also go with a classical piece or something else that didn't have any words.

prophet said...

Instrumentals. No words! Brilliant.

grin!

(good luck)

prophet said...

PS - movie scores might be a good source, plus which you get a bit of "content" by association.

(Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Lawrence of Arabia, Raiders, Sorcerer's Apprentice. . . .on and on. . . .)