Thursday, January 04, 2007

Military Wife Forward #2854

I can't tell you how many times I've received this. And it's now been suggested that the FRG embroider this on some pillowcases and sell as a fundraiser. Why on earth does this kind of crap make anyone feel better?

Maybe I'm way too cynical for my own good but man, do I hate this kind of crap. And EVERYONE forwards it to me. All the time. STOP!

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens,
but I am in the Army of the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders- salutes I do not give,
but the military world is the place where I live.
I'm not in the chain of command. Orders I do not give or get.
But my husband is the one who does, and this I can't forget.
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.
But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind.
My husband is a patriot. A brave and prideful man.
And the call to serve his country not all can understand.
Behind the lines I see things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do the kids and me.
I love the man I married, military is his life.
So I pledge to support my hero and stand among the silent ranks
as the Unknown Army Wife.

1 comment:

kimba said...

Thankfully, no one sends me these things.

The only forward like this I ever got was from the Ombudsman - and I sent it back with a point-by-point counterargument.

I think I am off their list.