Saturday, January 06, 2007

Questions couples should ask before marrying.

The NY Times published a list of questions that couples should ask before marrying. A few of them are sort of 'duh' questions like have we discussed whether or not to have children, do we have the same financial goals, blah blah blah. But some others have got me thinking now, even after many long years of marriage. Questions that I would have thought were totally stupid until I started sharing a house, a bed, and a life with someone who cannot read my mind. And the one that has really got me shook up is the following:

Will there be a television in the bedroom?

Sounds stupid, I know. But you wouldn't believe the number of fights that CPT Dick and I have had over that stupid TV and what, if anything, should be played at bedtime. Who knew?

No comments: