Monday, May 28, 2007

The raining, pouring thing.

Munchkin's surgery is scheduled for Wednesday morning and the fates are conspiring against me actually being able to take him to it. It's a good thing I don't believe in signs or else I'd be cancelling his appointment and heading over to some fortuneteller to get him a little voodoo charm to bring on the talking in tongues.

My car has been in the shop the past week and so I've had to share with CtLG. It hasn't been too bad as we spent most of the week on vacation not needing a car at all. But even though I arranged with the shop to pick up my car today -- you know, Monday -- and even asked the mechanic if he would be open on Memorial Day -- you know, Monday, the HOLIDAY -- he said, sure, no problem. He'd be open at 9:00am. Just like any other day. He then went on to bore me with a very pat speech about how if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid. Given that he's bleeding me dry over these car repairs, I'm finding it hard to sympathize.

But I digress.

Can you guess what happened next? He, of course, wasn't open at 9:00am. Because today is a holiday and though you can't get paid when you don't work, you can't really barbecue and drink beer in the oil change bays either (well, at least, not when people are looking). And the voicemail message assures me that they are closed today, Memorial Day, a HOLIDAY, and will be open tomorrow. Which would be fine except that tomorrow, Tuesday, NOT A HOLIDAY, CtLG can't take me to pick up the car as he's scheduled to be in meetings two hours away. So now I'm scrambling to figure out how I can get the car in the morning and still get Munchkin to a few pre-operative appointments. Should be fun for all.

Not to mention, I am supposed to pick up Munchkin's pre-op blood work tomorrow from the clinic. Since I was unable to follow up on it, and you know, it's an Army clinic, I have a feeling that might be missing, too.

Tomorrow may be one of those tequila kind of days.

No comments: