Thursday, November 22, 2007

Homecoming.

Yes, you've used my towel even though I put out a clean one for you. My toothbrush, too, even though yours was just in the rucksack that you threw on the floor of our bedroom, stinking of mud, sweat and way too much nicotine. And you complained about the kind of beer I bought and forgot to thank me for making you a special dinner even though you never bothered to specify what time you'd be home exactly.

But home, you are. Our son is thrilled. And as I see you teaching him how to use a hockey stick (and in doing so, making even more of a mess than usual), I find that all the irritation may be worth it.

But check back with me in a few days, just in case.

1 comment:

okieggs said...

it reminds me of when everyone in our housing area in Okinawa, Japan at Kadena Air Base would BBQ and party during typhoons (as there wasn't anything better to do)