Thursday, November 01, 2007

I'm a bake sale failure.

We have yet another bake sale coming up. I said I'd make brownies.

I put the first batch in to bake and set the chronometer on my watch. I figured 35 minutes was just enough time to write a quick query to a magazine I want to pitch.

Ummm, apparently not. As I was proofreading, I smelled the tell-tale stench of Cajun brownies. But I had another couple of boxes of mix in the cupboard and thought, if first you don't succeed, try, try again.

So I mixed, I poured and I put them in to bake. Then Munchkin decided to take off his diaper and pee in the corner of the guest room. The smell of Swiffer cleaning solution all too easily masked the smell of burning. *sigh*

Third time is a charm, right? I'm beginning to feel like a total failure here.

3 comments:

c wiss said...

What I want to know is why they can't create an oven that just shuts itself off and cools itself down when the timer gets to 0.

prophet said...

and. . . .? So what happened?!!!

Is it possible that you successfully burnt [unintentionally] 3 brownie batches in a row? That would have to be some kind of a record.

Non-Essential Equipment said...

Sadly, yes, I did burn the third batch.

And it was because I got distracted writing on the blog. You'd think I'd learn...

But the four cakes I made came out beautifully.