Friday, March 14, 2008

How you know that too many soldiers are being bad boys.

This morning, after a series of phone calls about all manner of soldier related fuck-ups (if you didn't know, whenever a guy gets arrested, gets drunk and disorderly or just generally fucks up, both the company First Sergeant, aka Top, and Commander get calls -- no matter the time), my speech-delayed son picked up my husband's cellular telephone. He likes to play telephone and just babble on but we were amazed this morning when we heard the following:

"Hello, Top. WHAT?! NO! (insert stern random babble)...You're kidding me. ...(more angry babble)...No way. See you later. Bye, Top."

3 comments:

c wiss said...

O-M-G! That is hilarious!! Thank you for brightening my stressful morning!

My BF is a platoon commander, so I can totally appreciate the all-hours "bad boy calls". After getting a call about a guy at a really bad time - like one of the few weekends we actually are able to spend together - I always refer to that one as "PFC Numbnuts" for a few weeks afterwards to make myself feel better. :-p

prophet said...

That. is. PRICELESS!

Lucy Filet said...

Love your blog! Still ROTFLing at the kiddo pretending to answer the phone – hits way too close to home!