Friday, March 14, 2008

Best quote in a newspaper article EVAH.

This week's NY Times had an article about growing up with a strange name. It's worth a read, if only for this quote:

“I can’t tell you,” Mr. Sherrod said, “how often I’ve heard guys who wanted their kid to be able to say truthfully, ‘Danger is my middle name.’ But their wives absolutely refused.”

It's all the more funny to me because we know one wife who actually acquiesced to that particular husbandly request and now gets the eye every time she registers Thomas Danger _________ for any activity.

3 comments:

.... said...

I enjoyed the article and the quote. My nephew's middle name is Marion, a tribute to his grandfather, my son's middle name is Maitland, a tribute to my husband's greatest hero, Jimmy Stewart.....so far neither has taken a hit for it, but there is always the first time for everything, I hope my son has learned by then to remember why he shares the name of a man who was told he could do nothing and achieved it all, will let it roll off his back....

Hope all is well with you.

~ASW

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

ABW said...

I knew a tanker when we were in Germany who named his son Creighton Abrams _________. Guess Dad was proud of his M1A1 Abrams!