Saturday, July 19, 2008

He called.

CPT Dick called last night, after a lull of over 3 weeks. It was just after midnight and Munchkin was sound asleep. But since he's been pretending to call Daddy on his silly little Elmo cel phone for the past few weeks, I couldn't not wake him.

He sleeps like his father. Hard, deep and all over the place. He was out cold but stirred a bit when I shook him and said, "Daddy's on the phone!" He then reached for the phone, put it to his ear, and said, "Hi, Daddy. I sleeping. Love you. Bye bye."

He then handed the phone back and rolled back over into slumber. And I felt terrible for a moment, wondering if CPT Dick would feel sad at such a dismissal. But instead, CPT Dick was pleased as punch.

"Wow. He's really talking," he said. And he is. Not as much as I hoped. But a lot more than he was.

Hopefully, CPT Dick can manage a call during the day sometime soon.

No comments: