Saturday, July 19, 2008

I just don't know what to say.

Before CPT Dick deployed, I felt like I was really slacking on the blogging. But hey, what better excuse could I have had? I wanted to spend as much of my free time with him and Munchkin before his departure.

Now I don't have that excuse and yet there's still so much space between entries. I don't know what to say really. I just feel really uninspired. What is there to say that hasn't been said before about these Groundhog Days of deployment?

For me, the best way to get through a deployment is to keep my head down, stick to the routine, stay busy and push on through. And doing that, there's not a lot that is new and different to talk about. I mean, I could talk up how cute my kid is, or how hard it can be late at night to sleep or how I've just decided not to watch CNN anymore, but there seems to be a lack of point to it all. I see no bigger picture to analyze and discuss except that he's gone and I'm doing what I can to deal with it. For both myself and my kid.

Maybe I just need to try a bit harder.

6 comments:

Lee Anne said...

It is hard to be inspired to write when it's just enough to maintain a routine; just know that many of us are going to keep checking your blog no matter how much time passes between posts.

Sending good thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

Yoda said, "Do or do not. There is no try." But I think Yoda was riding the cheetah*.

Try if you want. Blogging shouldn't be compulsory during deployment. Know you have an audience when you do post.

*See Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle

prophet said...

one of the more inspiring thoughts I came across not too long ago was the idea of a 'one-sentence journal', in which only one sentence is written each day.

Not that I'd be capable of writing just one sentence. . . . so I've been doing a one-paragraph journal.

Always good to hear something from you. Wishing you well. . . .

Marine Wife said...

Don't sweat it. It sounds like you cope the way I do. Head down and slog your way thru it. Try to look up and have some fun along the way, though.

Non-Essential Equipment said...

I like the one sentence journal. Of course, today's sentence would be:

"I don't care if it is fattening -- you do need a whole stick of butter for super-yummy mashed sweet potatoes."

Don't know if that would garner me a greater readership.

prophet said...

only one stick of butter? hmmmm. . . .