Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Dear White House Spokesperson:

When you release a statement that there will be troop cuts in Iraq, can you do me a favor? Please clearly emphasize that it does not include my husband's unit or any of the others on that last round of 15 month deployments. As soon as the words "troop cuts" float along the bottom of the CNN screen, my phone starts ringing. And after the fourth time in five months that there has been some kind of story about troop cuts, it's really hard to keep breaking spouse's hearts by having to say, "Nope, sorry, doesn't apply to us."

And if I could make a suggestion, what would be really great is if you could maybe butter the soldiers and families up about being one of the last units to endure a 15 month stay in the desert. You know, thank them for taking one for the team, as it were. 'Cause right now, I could use that kind of love myself.

Ooops, gotta go! There goes that phone again. Thanks for listening.

Smooches,
Me

No comments: