Sunday, October 19, 2008

Powell endorses Obama.

I think this is huge. I love Colin Powell. I've often wished that he would run for President.

Of course, my cousin cynically stated, as we watched the press conference after the announcement, that he was amazed that none of the reporters asked Powell whether his endorsement had anything to do with Obama being African American.


And I realized that I was a little surprised, too. That kind of bullshit seems to be what it's all about these days.

I'm so ready for this election to be over. Let's pick our President, stop the nastiness and just start moving forward.

3 comments:

liberal army wife said...

I've been looking at the republican milblogs. and NOT ONE WORD about General/Secretary Powell's endorsement, or more tellingly about the opinion of Gov. Palin... hmmm... so how are they going to play THIS one. Strictly the race card? how cynical. oh... wait... sorry... not thinking here!

General Powell is a decent man, who was made to LIE to the UN and the country, and I don't think he will ever forgive the people who made him do that.

LAW

Bette said...

It drives me crazy that people assume my recovering-Republican sweetie's voting for Obama because they're both black. It doesn't seem to matter that he'd be voting for Hillary if she'd been the Dems' candidate. Too many people just assume whatever fits their preconceptions....

Sara said...

I was just about to say that most every republican out there is probably saying the same thing. And I actually wasn't suspect. Most famous african americans I've seen endorse Obama very clearly state that race was why they do, but Powell has said no such thing. And thank goodness.