Saturday, February 24, 2007

All those heart medications must create one hell of a high.

Some great Cheney quotes this week. Just shows how grounded in reality our VP really is.

On Great Britain's announcement that they would be pulling their troops out of Iraq, "I look at it and see it is actually an affirmation that there are parts of Iraq where things are going pretty well."

On the Democratic Resolution opposing Troop build-up, "I think in fact if we were to do what Speaker Pelosi and Congressman Murtha are suggesting, all we'll do is validate the al Qaeda strategy, the al Qaeda strategy is to break the will of the American people." When called on this comment, he reiterated, "I'm not backing down. I'm not sure what part of it is that Nancy disagreed with. She accused me of questioning her patriotism. I didn't question her patriotism. I questioned her judgment.''

Wow, what a relief!

I'm sure next time he goes on television he'll once again restate that there are WMDs in Iraq -- and we know where they are -- we just have yet to find them. His lack of a grasp on reality is one of the things I like best about Dick.

Well, that and the fact that he shoots lawyers on leisure trips.

No comments: