Monday, February 19, 2007

And two more things that annoy me regarding my mother-in-law.

  1. She is compelled to answer any question that is asked around her, even when it was not directed at her and she has no frickin' clue what she is talking about. She complains that I'm not giving Munchkin enough opportunities to talk but when I ask him, "Where is your foot?" she replies for him. And you know the stakes are high there if Munchkin doesn't bother to answer.

    And then later, when we run into my friend at the commissary who asks where a certain salon is, my mother-in-law says, "I think it's near _____," even though she's only visited us here twice and has never ever been close to said salon.

    I could go on and on here. Just suffice it to say that she feels she must answer any and every damn question. There's really no need for anyone to speak.


  2. She carries her purse with her around the house, always keeping it within's arm reach. She's in her pajamas and carrying around this big ol' grandma purse up and down the stairs and even into the bathroom with her. Does she think I'm going to steal her reading glasses? Or perhaps her incredibly large cache of half-used tissues?

    I'm sort of tempted to try now just to see if she'll let that huge bag out of her sight long enough for me to get in there. And besides, couldn't we all use a Costco sized bottle of nasal spray?

No comments: