Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Zoning out to Kermit.

As I said the other week, I finally broke down and purchased some kid CDs for Munchkin to listen to in the car. And even worse than that, I find myself rocking out to them when the kid isn't even in the car. And let me tell you, the music causes some kind of trippy thoughts. A few examples:

1. Does Bert ever get jealous of how much Ernie sings about Rubber Duckie?
2. Does anyone else think that the "Honk Around the Clock" lyrics sound vaguely kinky?
3. Have any of the human cast of Sesame Street found that their role on the show has hurt their chances of getting other parts? Do they care?
4. I wonder if Miss Piggy singing "I'm Gonna Always Love You" was the start of the female identity crisis?
5. In "Elmo's Song," when Elmo decides to share the song with his friends, who is the "he" they are referring to when they say that "he wrote the music, he wrote the words?"
6. Why do kids like this stuff? And why I am, in my old age, finding it so damn compelling?

I think I may be in need of an intervention.

No comments: