Monday, March 12, 2007

Descent into madness.

My mother-in-law didn't take the news that CPT Dick might deploy too well.

"I'm going to write my congressman right away if it happens. He has a family. There's no reason why he should deploy again."

"But Mom, you could say that about 50% of Soldiers. Lots of people have families. That's just the way it is."

"But he's already been to Iraq!"

"Again, Mom, there are several thousand folks who have gone more than once. Heck, some are already on third and fourth tours."

"And they extended his tour while he was there!"

"Mom, I wish I could say that made him unique. But again, lots of others are in the same boat. They are still deploying."

"Fine. But none of those other soldiers can say that they are my son."

So true. So, so true. And she really believes that should make him exempt. Wonder if she'll include that in her letter?

No comments: