Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Still don't know where we're going.

I guess you are probably getting pretty bored reading that I don't know where we're going or even when CPT Dick may get a clue of where. I know I am. But you want a clear glimpse into the life of the military family? This is it. A helluva lot of waiting and not knowing. It's a mainstay -- sort of like dirty brown t-shirts all over the laundry room and battle rattle hidden in in the nooks and crannies of the closets.

There are rumors, though. Which, you know, are even better than orders. Because you can get all riled up and then have the rumor turn out to be nothing and feel totally stupid. But the rumor puts CPT Dick in a unit that will deploy in August. And for that reason and that reason only I believe that the rumor encapsulates our future.

So I'm now preparing to move in the next four months and then send my husband off for a year. Honestly, we did the Baghdad thing once already and I feel fairly prepared for it. But Munchkin? He's a Daddy loving little fool. I'm not quite sure how well an extended absence will go down with him. I'm guessing not too well.

No comments: