Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My obsessive-compulsive tendencies coming through.

My house is a mess. A complete and total mess. There are bread crumbs on the floor, shoes strewn all over the foyer and a bunch of laundry that needs to be folded and put away. And I am starting to twitch a bit because I so want to clean it up.

So why don't I stop typing and get to cleaning, you may ask? Against my better judgment, I've tidied up the kitchen and started to sweep but I dare not do more.

Why? Because CPT Dick returns from the field later tonight.

There's no reason to clean the house before he tracks mud and other miscellaneous nastiness all over my floors.

3 comments:

Marine Wife said...

so true! because, seriously, once you've done the cleaning and then they come in with all their nastiness, don't you just want to kill them?

Bette said...

You're absolutely right -- cleaning before he comes home will only make you cranky when you see all your hard work destroyed in the blink of a flung (and filthy) bag.

prophet said...

right! much better to clean just the once!

I applaud your clear thinking.