Saturday, November 17, 2007

I never need sex again.


I got together with a friend the other night at her house. When I got up to leave, she insisted that I take a box -- No! Two boxes! Heck, here have four! -- of Dove Beyond Chocolate Chunk cookies.

"Please take some! I bought a case at the case lot sale," she said. "And I can't stop eating them!"

With much pushing on her part, I took a single box. I'd never had a Dove cookie before but I imagined them as little bite sized cookies. Probably pretty good but nothing on Famous Amos.
Oh. My. God. They are not bite sized. But boy are they, mmmm, mmmm, good. I grabbed one to have with my tea today and lost myself in the chocolate-y explosion of flavor. It was a taste bud orgasm. So rich, I figured that one would be more than enough to satisfy. "How could she keep eating these?" I asked myself. This is definitely a one-at-a-time kind of cookie.

And it was. I had one when I refilled my tea. And then another when I got Munchkin some juice. And then just one when I made him his lunch. And then one more after we came in from drawing with chalk on the driveway.

There are only 10 cookies per box so it wasn't long before I came to the end of the better-than-sex-chocolatiness.

Just a few minutes ago, I called my friend and I said, "You know those cookies? I ate the whole damn box in just under four hours."

She replied, "Told you."

I could have gotten mad at that point and accused her of trying to sabotage my diet. But instead, I did the only thing I could. I told her to save me a few boxes to take home after my next visit.

I don't trust myself to go out and buy my own.

3 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

Damn. Now I am going to have to go look for these.

I love taste bud orgasms. Reminds me of some chocolate sauce that I get with churros at this fabulous tapas restaurant. My mouth is watering already.

Butterfly Wife said...

I went and looked yesterday and no luck. Hmmm. Now it is going to be a quest and I will have to search high and low to find these orgasmic cookies. After all, Jack Bauer will leave again at some point and I'd prefer to be stocked up when he does.

.... said...

Oh been down that trail before, I don't buy them anymore.....because I ate two boxes in one sitting and got sick.....but it was the best sick I ever had! I prefer sex! You wanted to know that, right? :D

~asw