Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh, jeez. You have to be kidding me.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mrs. _____. This is Mrs. _____, my husband is in the Medics section."

"Hi! How are you?"

"Well, not so good and that's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"I'm sorry to hear that. What's up?"

"Well, I got my newsletter yesterday. And I was looking at the photos."

"Oh yeah. I think your husband's photo was in it, right?"

"Yes, his was. But behind him, in the chow line, I noticed there was a female. A blond woman."

"Uh...a female?"

"Yes, a female. Can you explain what she's doing there?"

"I'm looking at the photo now, ma'am. I'm not sure what there is to explain. She's a soldier. Looks like she's just getting herself some food."

"That is bullshit. This is supposed to be an infantry unit. Our guys should be nowhere near females."


6 comments:

liberal army wife said...

oh. my . god. you gotta be KIDDING me! what time warp is SHE stuck in?

LAW

Anonymous said...

Wha-?

Huh?

Wow, you are just *surrounded*.

Anonymous said...

(giggling - hard) OH, my it's going to be a long deployment.

The Mrs. said...

there is always one wife isnt there?!

Lee Anne said...

Uh-oh. Sending sanity your way... If that's even possible.

wifeunit said...

Nice. Good luck with those bunch of ladies! Ouch. Long long deployment it seems like.