Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On negotiation.

"Oh, shoot. I forgot to pick up my uniforms at the dry cleaner."

Unable to ignore his pleading look, I reply, "And?"

"Well, I just thought that maybe...I dunno, if you wanted to..."

"Are you suggesting that I should go pick up your forgotten dry cleaning tomorrow? That I should rearrange my day to drive half and hour to the stupid dry cleaning place that you insist on using even though there are several closer that do just as fine a job? That I should drive all the way out there even though it's only a few minutes from post where you'll be all day long? And that I should then have to wrestle those friggin' uniforms into the car as I chase your son all over the parking lot because he now thinks running into traffic is fun? Is that what you are asking? That I should endure all this just because you, and I quote, forgot and can't be bothered to remember tomorrow?"

"Thanks, babe. That's real sweet of you to offer. Now get me a beer."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is a married man sending his uniforms to a dry cleaner?