Monday, January 15, 2007

The problem with routine...

Since we decided to road trip for the long weekend, we did the unthinkable. We messed with the Munchkin's schedule. He was up too late, skipped naps, ate sporadically and when he finally crashed, he often did so in bed with us. What can I say? It worked at the time.

But now. Oh, God. Revenge is his. The kid will not sleep. I put him in his crib and he just screams and screams. Which means that I do not sleep. You'll be happy to know that CPT Dick, trained as he is to sleep among mortar fire, has not missed one wink and wakes up each morning saying, "Munchkin had a good night last night, huh? I slept like a rock!"

So now, I'm stuck. If I take Munchkin out of the crib, I perpetuate the sin. If I leave him in, I risk my own screaming fit. I'm starting to realize why more people don't travel with small children.

No comments: