Sunday, April 08, 2007

Potluck ettiquette.

Tomorrow is Easter with the start of spring break to follow. The combination of this, the impending departure of our unit chaplain and several key NCOs has led to a veritable cornucopia of luncheons, farewells and potlucks. I've made more brownies, rice krispie treats and pots of mac'n'cheese than I care to count.

And don't even ask how much I've eaten. I might have to kill you.

Yesterday, I was complaining to CPT Dick that I had no idea what to make for the Easter potluck. It was stressing me out.

"Stressing you out? The whole thing about a potluck is that you don't have to stress out. You make one dish. Everyone else makes one dish. And then everyone can eat a little of each. It is the definition of no-stress."

"But we've had so many in the past weeks. I can't make what I made last time."

"Why not?"

"Because, apparently, in potluck ettiquette, unless you have a signature dish that people specifically request, you have to change it up."

"There's potluck ettiquette?"

"So I'm told."

"And here I thought it only involved not just eating 6 helpings of one thing."

"Shows what you know."

No comments: