Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ann, the world wants you to shut up.

Ann Coulter, nemesis to all things good and fair, has struck again.

Silke at the Hooah Wife and Friends blog put up an exchange from a Hardball segment the other night where Elizabeth Edwards called in to speak to Ann.

Edwards: You wrote a column a couple years ago which made fun of the moment of Charlie Dean’s death, and suggested that my husband had a bumper sticker on the back of his car that said ask me about my dead son. This
is not legitimate political dialogue.

Coulter: That’s now three years ago –

Edwards: It debases political dialogue. It drives people away from the process. We can’t have a debate about issues if you’re using this kind of language.…I’m making this call as a mother. I’m the mother of that boy who died. My children participate — these young people behind you are the age of my children. You’re asking them to participate in a dialogue that’s based on hatefulness and ugliness instead of on the issues and I don’t think that’s serving them or this country very well.

Coulter: I think we heard all we need to hear. The wife of a presidential candidate is asking me to stop speaking. No.


Way to miss the point, Ann. The wife of a presidential candidate called you out for the grubby, misinformed attention whore that you are. Period. But given the fact that Elizabeth Edwards has class and did so in an articulate and conscientious manner, I can see how you might not have understood. It's the rest of us that want you to stop speaking altogether.

2 comments:

Bette said...

Yes, it is the rest of us.

There are people with whom I disagree but will listen to because they set forth their well-reasoned, logical arguments in a considerate manner.

Ann Coulter is not one of those people. She has the ability to send me into a blind rage, and that makes me resent her even more.

Lee Anne said...

Yeah, Ann Coulter burns me up. In her quest to make a buck and get air time, she would rather create conflict than offer solutions.

I like your blog!