Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ways you know CPT Dick was watching the boy.

  1. When I returned home, everyone was asleep but every light in the house was turned on.
  2. The laundry I'd been doing, which was not quite dry, had been yanked from the dryer early so that CPT Dick could do a load of PTs.
  3. Munchkin's toys were scattered around the living room, making me somewhat glad the lights were on so I would not risk bodily injury.
  4. The bathtub had not been drained from Munchkin's bath.
  5. The boy was asleep on the floor in his room surrounded by every single book he owns.
  6. Despite 30 degree temperatures, Munchkin was dressed in summer pajamas.
  7. The pajamas did not match.
  8. The dinner I made for him and Munchkin as a courtesy was not cleaned up. A half-full container of sour cream remained, open, on the counter top. And other taco fixings could be found equally distributed across the counter, in the now scorched frying pan and on the floor.
  9. CPT Dick's nasty-ass PT running shoes, which somehow smell of cat piss, were not outside or in the foyer per the rules, but right next to the bed.
  10. My husband had managed to cocoon himself into not one, but two comforters on our bed, making it necessary for me to kick him repeatedly to give up some covers.

5 comments:

c wiss said...

No matter how many times I read your blog entries about your husband, I always giggle at "CPT Dick". heheh

Marine Wife said...

OMG! And did he survive the night?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I bet you didn't really mind kicking him. And, wow, it's already so cold there!

.... said...

This sounds like reruns of my house.....but now when I return from my husband being alone with my now teenage daughters and preteen son...instead of books on the floor, it's every video game in the house, the music is blaring from every room, the TV's are on.....the house reeks of pizza, popcorn and all things unhealthy, the dog is unrecognizable due to the fact that they let her out in the rain and her hair is matted....and the house itself...well HAZMAT should be called in....cause I'm not cleaning it up.

And the bed thing....that remains the same =)

I love your post though...it's so sweet.....thanks for sharing it, it brings back so many memories...

~ASW

Non-Essential Equipment said...

Loquita, just wait until he's MAJ Dick!

Everyone survived the night (except the scorched frying pan). I've just come to accept that if I want a no-babysitter kid-free night, I will pay in mess.