Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Open mouth. Insert feet.

WOMAN 1: "She's the COL's third wife."

WOMAN 2: "Seriously?"

WOMAN 1: "Yeah, I think it's hard on some of the field grades because they knew him back in the states when he was married to number two."

WOMAN 3: "That's right. J. accidentally called her the last one's name and, whoa Nelly!, the COL came down hard on him. He asked J. how hard it is to remember a goddamn name. Well, I'd like to know how hard it is to keep a goddamn wife."

WOMAN 1: "You said it."

WOMAN 4: "Y'all are being too hard on the COL. You don't know what is happening behind closed doors. I'm sure there is a good reason that his marriage ended."

WOMAN 2: "Yeah, like Mrs. 2 caught him in bed with the future Mrs. 3."

WOMAN 1: "You can't be defending him."

WOMAN 4: "Sure, I can. Three wives is nothing. I'm my husband's fifth wife."

5 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

Haha! I think this was a scene from Army Wives.

prophet said...

ok. . . . and are you going to fess up on which role you played in that conversation? [grin]

ouch. . . . all the way around.

Non-Essential Equipment said...

I wish it were a scene from Army Wives! I was just an innocent bystander and overheard this at a spouse's luncheon. And when I did, I just wanted to take the woman aside and ask, "Fifth wife?! How the hell does that happen?"

Marine Wife said...

Totally LMAO!

liberal army wife said...

I just KNEW we were oldfashioned... I keep telling DH... 30 years. JEEZ, No One Stays Married that long!


5. dang, he never heard of "dating"?????

LAW