Thursday, February 08, 2007

This is sort of sweet.


Locked forever in an embrace. Awww, how sweet. Especially right before Valentine's Day.

This story was actually brought to my attention by one of our company's wives. She was very much touched by the story and said that she hoped that she and her husband could be buried side by side like that one day. She found it utterly romantic.

And me? Well, frankly, if I don't get my own bed in the afterlife, with all of my own covers (including a down-filled duvet) and at least three pillows, I'm going to think it's all for naught. I look at this photo and wonder if the guy's arm was totally falling asleep under her but he was afraid to move it because, you know, there's just no good place to put it and you're better off just sucking up the pain to seem more cuddly. Or maybe she's all like, "I don't know why he has to scrunch his legs up like that, this position is killing my back."

See, in my opinion, there is romance and there is comfort. And even more importantly, there is sleep which, for me, requires the comfort part. Let's get the romance out of the way so I can get to bed, please.

So I guess I'll be telling my husband that it will separate tombs for us, baby!

No comments: