Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Secrets and Lies, Part 3.

Things around here have gotten seriously crazy. To the point where I've turned off my phone. The big secret? You know, the one that's not really a secret though the higher-ups would like us all to pretend? It's escalated out of control. Everyone knows. But we still can't say anything.

I've been told off, cussed out and told I don't know shit. Ladies who help out with our company's FRG have been accosted at work and basically told they were Army versions of Uncle Toms. They have since been shunned by women they thought to be their friends. One wife called Child and Youth Services (the Army version of Department of Family and Child Services) on another wife in retaliation, believing that the first wife was withholding critical information. I've been threatened with complaints to the Inspector General's office. Another FRG leader was literally screamed at in the PX.

I think it's fair to say that everyone is ready for an announcement. And, of course, a better understanding of how the Army actually works (note: a bulletin board is not the official manner to disseminate information) might be even more in order.

And me? I'm ready for a fifth of Scotch and a Wal-mart sized bag of Snickers bars. Flame on!

No comments: