Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm glad that someone still finds me cute but, umm, ick.

"Have you ever considered having an affair?"

"What a strange question. Do you mean like a real affair? Or just running off with Johnny Depp after watching Pirates of the Caribbean for the millionth time?"

"A real affair."

"Not really. Why would I?"

"I don't know. CPT Dick is gone so often."

"Yes, but there wasn't any specific contractual obligation for days at home in my marriage vows."

"True. But if you did ever consider an affair...I'd be happy to step up to the plate, if needed."

"Are you serious?"

"Do you want me to be?"

"No."

8 comments:

kimba said...

I have to say, I have never seen as much infidelity in my life as I have since I have been around the navy. J's first wife was fooling around while she was deployed, and later while he was deployed. Unreal - but apparently not uncommon.

It's sort or ironic, since people seem to think the military is full of such upstanding folks.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's one smooth talker there. I bet he has a lot of success in the affairs department.

Bette said...

Eeww. Just reading that made me want to take a shower; I can only imagine how it was in person.

Butterfly Wife said...

Wow. That is an upfront person. Cuz I am sure that a romp in the sack is really all you are looking for when your husband is gone, rather that emotional and physical connection to the person you love.

Susan said...

"but there wasn't any specific contractural obligation for days at home in my marriage vows"
GREAT LINE!
some people just don't get it (love and commitment that is)

kimba said...

Well put, Butterfly!

Marine Wife said...

eww! But it kind of reminded me of a neighbor's experience at the beach. A Marine jogged up to her and started chatting her up: "So... are you married?" (She was wearing rings and they're hard to miss!) When she said yes, he followed up with, "So... how's that working out for ya?"

wendy said...

I over heard a couple soldiers, in uniform, in line at the post office -

He said - when is your husband leaving?

She said - Friday.

He said - I'll be over Monday to "service you"

Ewwww!

There are lots of dads away in our Army housing. Dad's finishing up a 15 month deployment. It's been really great to see how strong and true the women I know really are.