Tuesday, September 25, 2007

On showmanship.

"It's just one of those things that everyone agrees on. Starbucks is better than Seattle's Best. Bringing Oliver on the Brady Bunch was a total mistake. David Lee Roth was better than Sammy Hagar..."

"Wait a minute, I disagree."

"You liked Oliver?"

"No. I preferred Sammy Hagar to David Lee Roth."

"How can you say that?"

"Well, I liked the music a lot better. 'Why Can't This Be Love' is a classic hit in my opinion, really the whole 5150 album. And I prefer Sammy's voice."

"You got to be kidding me. What about 'Janie's Crying' and 'Jump?' Those are rock anthems!"

"Just because they are rock anthems doesn't mean they are superior musically."

"And c'mon, David Lee Roth was such a better frontman. He had pizazz and showmanship. He was a serious lead vocalist."

"Sure, if being a serious lead vocalist involves wearing lime green tiger-striped spandex spants with a red cloth loincloth over it and black net shirt while acting like a total idiot."

No comments: