Sunday, October 21, 2007

I still got it.

Yesterday, I did my weekly grocery shopping.

As I went to pull out a cart from the stack of carts in the front of the commissary, the cart was sticking. In finally jarring it loose, I bumped into a little boy next to me who was also trying to wrestle a cart out from the pack. I said, "Excuse me, sorry about that! They are really wedged in there."

He looked about 7 and was shopping with his Dad. He replied, "No problem, pretty lady."

His Dad tried not to laugh.

A few minutes later, as I was picking out some apples, he and his father roll up behind me to get some of their own. The little boy looks at me, winks and says, "And so we meet again."

It's at this point that I realized that the boy's Dad is not wearing a wedding ring. Monkey see, monkey do, I guess.

So, yeah, I still got it. Sure, only 7-year-olds who have learned cheesy pick-up lines from their single Dads notice it but that don't mean I'm lacking. Watch out, world!

3 comments:

c wiss said...

Maybe you should take back that "too old to wear a thong" comment! ;) teehee!

Ms. MO said...

That is the cutest story! 7 or 70 I'd be flattered either way. Kids are honest ;)

Marine Wife said...

OMG! LMAO!!!
Hey, when ya got it...