Sunday, October 21, 2007

Why I hate AAFES.

"Hi, I need to return this 'Barrel Full of Monkeys' toy. The Monkey #4 is missing."

"You opened the packaging."

"Well, yes, that's how I learned that the monkey was missing."

"You still have 9 of them."

"Yes, but since 'Barrel Full of Monkeys' now wants to be a learning toy promoting numbers and colors, it's kind of difficult to help my son count when 4 is missing."

"But ma'am, you opened the packaging."

"Yes, I did. But I bought it yesterday. Here's the receipt."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I can't take it back if you opened the packaging. For all I know, you or your child lost that monkey."

"I only bought it yesterday. We didn't have time to lose it."

"I'm sorry, ma'am. When the packaging is opened, I cannot take toys back."

"So you're telling me if I wish to remedy this problem, my only option is to buy a new 'Barrel'?"

"I'm afraid so, ma'am. It's AAFES policy to not take back toys once the packaging has been opened."

"Well, how do I know that all of that shipment of Monkeys aren't missing numbers?"

"Excuse me, ma'am?"

"Can I open a new one and make sure it's complete before I buy it?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am? What?"

"Well, I'll buy a new one. I don't really have an issue with that. But I want to make sure it has all of its parts. Can I open it here in front of you to make sure before I buy it?"

"You crazy or something?"

2 comments:

Marine Wife said...

That's when you ask for their supervisor, and then their supervisor...

Butterfly Wife said...

You've got to be kidding me. Maybe we need to rethink this going active duty thing.