Thursday, October 25, 2007

The way grandparents scare their grandchildren.

"Shoot."

"What? What's wrong?"

"I can't find the tweezers."

"Why do you need tweezers?"

"Oh, I have a chin hair."

"How old are you now, honey?"

"Not that old. It's just one hair and it's blonde. But as soon as I notice that it's growing, I take great pleasure in plucking it out."

"Maybe you should get yourself some bleach. Or a razor. Make sure you get it completely."

"It's only one hair, Grandmother. And it's blonde already. It's not that it's that unsightly. No one else really notices it. But it bothers me and it's quick enough to remedy."

"Just wait, honey. It's a sign of things to come. I've been shaving my face like a man since I was 45 years old."

2 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

AHHHHHHHHH! I am terrified! :O

Marine Wife said...

OMG! Say it isn't so!