Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Okay, so, like, I didn't quite get it.

Netflix finally got around to sending me The Fountain on DVD. I wanted to see this movie in the theater -- I really liked "Pi," and figure this would be in the same vein (plus, I don't share Dr. Cox's hatred of Hugh Jackman. I actually think he's kind of dreamy -- you know, mostly when he's wearing big claws).

The movie was visually stunning. Absolutely beautiful. But I don't know if I got it. Maybe I'm just too old, maybe just too tired or maybe I need to watch it again. But I'm just not sure. What's worse is that I can't quite figure out what it was about the movie that I'm not sure if I got. What is up with that?

But what I can tell you is that the music was incredibly moving. Absolutely breathtaking.

2 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

Well the music is beautiful. And Hugh Jackman is very yummy. But if that video is any indication of the out-thereness of the movie, it is pretty far out there. But then I kinda like deep thinking movies like that. As long as they are in English.

I keep saying I need to get NetFlix again.

prophet said...

wow. . . . I'm kind of speechless.

I think it would be fun to make up a plot based just on the music video scenes! I couldn't tell what historical time we were in, though, let alone in what dimension. At one point, we seem to be on the cellular level. . . . (or is that cosmic?)

I did figure out the ending though: she dies.

It's a start.

Cool music!
(check out the Johnnie Darko one I posted - never did see the movie though, either. Heard it was strange)