Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Best laid plans.

I had a full day planned.

I was going to go for a 5 mile run, do the shopping, pay some bills, finish up my last story of the month and then set up and attend an afternoon welcome function for the FRG.

But the thing is, the day was full in just the right way. I had enough time to do everything on my list with some breathing space in between. It would have been a busy day but not overly stressful.

Until my husband called.

HIM: "What are you doing today?"

ME: "Ummm, lots. Why?"

HIM: "Well, we have our transportation appointment. But someone has to go to the mandatory transportation briefing today at 9:30am."

And guess who that someone is going to be? I get to sit in a boring briefing for two hours and totally squeeze the rest of my schedule.

We still don't have orders. And we don't have a new place to live. But if we want to even consider the notion that we are leaving before the end of the month, not going to this thing isn't an option.

Hopefully, no one will mind me furtively typing up my story in the back of the room.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ha, I love how the wife always gets roped into doing these mandatory meetings. If they're so danged mandatory, how come my husband can never take time out of work to go to them?

Not that I want my husband filling out the forms of what our HHG are! He has no clue what's in our house...