Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This is just plain wrong.


Where exactly is the Simpsons' hometown of Springfield?

With the release of the big Simpsons' Movie, Springfields across the country are vying for the honor of being the Springfield and hosting a big-screen premiere of the film.

Don't get me wrong. It's brilliant marketing (and I think it's hilarious that Teddy Kennedy agreed to be in the Massachusetts entry).

But I like to think of I always thought the point was that it could be anywhere. That there was a Springfield in practically every state. And that worked so well, because if there is a little Simpson in all of us (and mine is the drool and unconscious mmm-ing when faced with donuts), then the Simpsons should live in every town.

You can tell I've thought way too much about this.



No comments: