Saturday, July 28, 2007

16 loads of laundry down.

And about 2-3 to go.

I know you are thinking, how many loads? What is wrong with this family? Is she one of these freaks who wears something for like 2 minutes and then says it's dirty? Does she treat her son as a fashion plate and change his clothes three times a day?

But understand, this is not only two weeks of clothes but all of our "moving" laundry. Extra towels and sheets that were thrown in a box with an open container of Ajax. Plus, we have a German washing machine which can only hold maybe 1/3 of a normal load of laundry.

And sometimes I do have to change Munchkin three times a day. But either due to diaper blow-out, extreme mud or a bout of self-expression with the Crayola markers.

So I've been up pretty much all night getting these loads in and out of my newly fixed machine. And I have never been so happy to do laundry in my life.

Now putting it away is a whole 'nother story. There's nothing wrong with living out of a pile of clean clothes from CPT Dick's side of the bed, right?

4 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

LOL! I've got 4 laundry baskets worth of stuff to fold and put away. It has been like this for weeks. So no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with living out of a pile of clean clothes from CPT Dick's side of the bed. Besides, it might even feel like he is there in the bed due to the weight of said pile. ;-)

Non-Essential Equipment said...

I actually got (most of) it put away.

I noticed that CPT Dick left his favorite pair of shorts in the mix. They have huge, gaping holes in the crotch. I decided that it was time that those holes were "accidentally" made bigger so that the shorts could be thrown away.

Am I a bad person?

Green said...

You're not a bad person... although I probably would have patched the holes rather than make them bigger. I can't stand tossing something that "might" have a "little" more use in it. Drives my DH nuts.

Non-Essential Equipment said...

You don't understand, green. When he say in these shorts, Mr. Winky poked out. It was a little disturbing.

Even if I had patched them, I couldn't have kept up with the potential winky escape hatches.