Sunday, July 22, 2007

Better than I thought it would be.


How many things in life can you honestly say are worth the wait? That actually manage to compare to the anticipation?

The new Harry Potter actually is. It's well done, true to the first six books and leaves a satisfying ending to Harry's story.

But now that the wait is over, the book is purchased and read, I am sort of bereft at the idea that there will be no more. Harry's story has come to an end, my first real voyage into a pop culture phenomenon is finished, and I wonder what will come next. I'm guessing it will be something that Munchkin brings to my life (Wiggles? Barney? Dora and Diego? God help me).

But in some ways, as long as the craze delivers, I can't wait.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you SO much for not revealing the ending. I am on the waiting list for the book at the library (unless someone else in my life offers it to me before I get it). I don't want to buy the hard back copy since all I have are the soft backs in my collection (nit picky, I know).

And I am DEATHLY afraid to hear the secrets of the book revealed ANYWHERE. I don't want to walk in on a casual conversation and hear, "Oh my God, I can't believe that XXXX died"...it would ruin it for me.

mike said...

Try "Redwall" by Brian Jacques. Mrs. Mike has read them all and loves them. Munchkin would enjoy the stories too.

Butterfly Wife said...

How in the world did you read it that fast? WOW! Check back with me in about 2 months and see if I am even half way through.

Marine Wife said...

I liked it too. I had to read it fast while at the beach b/c I was afraid my 10 yr old nephew (also reading it) would let something slip!