Friday, July 27, 2007

Entering the common lexicon.

Do you recall "Dick in a Box?"

I pasted the video below in case you don't know it. It's hilarious not just because it suggests that men should put their junk in a box and give it to women but it totally makes fun of boy bands.



Although I do like to play this video every now and again just for a laugh, just showing it is not my point.

Today, as I stood in line to inprocess Finance (don't ask...let's just say I better be getting a damn fine present when my husband returns from the field), the two soldiers in front of me were talking.

SOLDIER 1: Man, I got this chick's number the other week. I've called her twice though, dude, and she has not called back.

SOLDIER 2: That sucks, dude.

SOLDIER 1: She was really cool. I'm not sure if I should call again or maybe send her flowers or something.

SOLDIER 2: Flowers?

SOLDIER 1: What? Too much?

SOLDIER 2: Dude, you know what to do.

SOLDIER 1: What?

SOLDIER 1: C'mon, man. You know. Step 1, buy a box. Step 2, put your junk in the box...

And then I couldn't help myself. I joined in with Soldier 2 to sing the chorus of "Dick in a box." I mean, what else could a girl possibly do?

3 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

That is hilarious! Now THAT should be part of an Army Wives episode.

Lee Anne said...

Oh, yeah it should!

Non-Essential Equipment said...

I'll write to the producers immediately. Maybe I can guest star with Justin Timberlake!