Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Please tell me he was punking the writer.

In September's Harper's Bazaar, Ashton Kutcher lets the ladies know how to dress a man.

"Make sure the look isn't too matchy-matchy. ... Your best bet is to match the man gear to that great new Balenciaga bag that you're planning to carry. If your bag works with your outfit, so will he."

When I first read the CNN article highlighting these great "tips," I thought, "Holy crap, this guy is dumber that Michael Kelso!"

But if he pronounced Balenciaga correctly, maybe the joke is on us.

4 comments:

Marine Wife said...

Can you seriously imagine a milspouse trying to match her hubby to her bag?! Mine only wears polos and jeans (khakis for dressy occasions) and would look at me as if I were from another planet if I suggested he "match" my bag. Although, if we're talking about a Vera Bradley, it could get very interesting (hubs only wears solid, subdued colors).

prophet said...

I'm speechless. . . . .

"man-gear"?!

Is that like: "foot-wear"?

Non-Essential Equipment said...

MW: Just get an ACU print bag. Problem solved!

And prophet, when someone says man-gear, I start thinking tools or condoms. I'm afraid I'm no help here.

kimba said...

See, and I thought man-gear was, well, you know.

And matching THAT to a handbag would be tough - plus it would make for a pretty funny looking handbag.