Thursday, September 06, 2007

I saved $6.32.

I don't clip coupons. I know I should, free money and all but I'm a lazy girl. Plus, because I'm in Europe and it's not so easy to get the coupons. And when I do go home and say something about wanting to clip a few, my family wants to claim the good coupons for themselves -- after all, they bought the newspaper so why should they have to give up $0.50 off the large Tide? Instead, they give me the leftovers, magnaminously saying, "Here, NEE, have the coupon for the flea and tick collar," when I don't have a dog. But perhaps they are making a comment about my son's personal hygiene. He is two, after all.

But today, when I hit the commissary, there were stacks and stacks of coupon booklets at the front of the store. I guess ACS got a shipment. And not just for stuff like "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and "Metamucil" or cheapo "$0.01 off when you buy 3 boxes of Eggo brand waffles." It was the good stuff -- a coupon clippers nirvana. I grabbed a few choice ones and went hog wild. It was totally fun.

Of course, I only went in to the store to get some apple juice and came out with 6 sacks of random other crap. But I saved more than 5 bucks!

I need to find me some coupons more often.

6 comments:

mike said...

The problem with coupons is you save money on shit you don't normally buy. I can't seem to stress that enough when Mrs. Mike gets into clip mode.

Marine Wife said...

I always have good intentions with the coupons but usually end up leaving them at home or something. Although I DO get excited when I save enough to not just cover the bagger but feel like I've gotten a deal.

Butterfly Wife said...

So you went to spend $3 worth of goods and bought $100 worth of goods, but saved $5 doing so. Hmmm. This is why I don't do coupons. They make me buy stuff I wasn't intending to buy.

Susan said...

I'm lazy too, I just don't want to buy a big old paper, read 2 pages, and clip 5 coupons and recycle the rest.
I planned my first commissary trip today,I was so looking forward to going... didn't make it. Hopefully next week when the kids are full-day in school.

liberal army wife said...

yabut, you saved... right? And you might maybe actually need that stuff eventually... maybe.

LAW

Non-Essential Equipment said...

Sure, one day, I may actually have silver to use the silver polish on!

Kidding. I didn't go that crazy. Mostly I just doubled up on stuff we already had, which is almost as bad, I guess.