Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Maybe just a nip or tuck.

As I said in a previous post, I'm pretty much against frivolous plastic surgery. You have a body. Do what you can with it but don't go overboard.

But apparently, my scruples don't go so far as to stop me from spending $60 on some fancy-schmancy cellulite butt cream after a friend recommended it.

Childbirth was hard on my body. I stretched out. I ripped. My ass got huge. I suffered a helluva lot of post-partum hair loss. My face seems to break out a lot more. I have a lot more freckles than I did. Really, I look like hell.

Granted, I can't tell you how much of that is just due to lessened hygiene/primping standards. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not dirty. I still shower every day (mostly). But I don't do nearly what I did when I was working. I don't spend half an hour doing my hair and make-up every morning. Hell, I'm not even sure where half my make-up is. And I don't get monthly facials or bi-weekly manicures anymore either. I notice that I don't spend nearly as much time in the drug store or spend unnecessary money on new fangled mud masks or blackhead peels. I don't have to. Munchkin will kiss me even when I'm sporting three big zits and my hair is standing on end.

But lately, my fallen standards have started to bother me a bit. I mean, one can't go around with uncombed hair and Cookie Monster sweat pants forever, can they? (Seriously? Cause if I could, I just might).

So, with a glowing referral, I was totally willing to buy what CPT Dick is referring to as my overpriced French ass cream. I have no idea whether or not it will work. But buying it did make me feel better. Made me feel as if I wasn't a total lost cause. That just because I won't look like I did at 18 doesn't mean that I can't still look good.

Does that make any sense?

3 comments:

.... said...

Yes it makes perfect sense.

I have to tell you that I went through this when my children were very young. I've referred to this in two different ways, depending on who I was talking to....one was "what we give up when we become mommies" and the other was "what we think we have to sacrifice when we become mommies" Both, thankfully, I gave up as they got older.

And at almost 40, I have evolved from the person I was when I married, through those phases, up through the finding myself again to the person I am now....and according to my husband, I am like a fine wine, I just got better with age.

I am the queen of lip gloss, I can't resist a flavor or a cute packaging...and what I don't wear my daughters steal. I am more apt to have my hair done, my nails and my feet then I ever did before. I just take better care of myself.

I am not trying to turn back the clock, nor am I jumping in for plastic surgery, but there is nothing wrong with making yourself feel pretty...and look it too.

And I'd like to know if the FRAUNCH overpriced cream works....cause even though I don't have to look at my ass, my husband does :D

I can add it to all my other overpriced beauty products that mysteriously end up in my daughter's room......cosmetic theif!

Bette said...

Gosh, NEE, how shallow.

If it works, you're going to tell me the brand, right? Please??

Non-Essential Equipment said...

So far, actually it is making the cellulite less noticeable. I will plug the overpriced FRAUNCH (ASW, my husband pronounces it the same way, just like the Mom in "Better Off Dead") ass cream -- it is Clarins Lift Minceur. And it makes my large post-baby ass all a-tingly.