Saturday, May 10, 2008

Is it wrong...


...that when I read that the Duggars are going to have another frickin' baby, #18 at that, all I can think of is that early scene in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life? You know, the whole Miracle of Birth segment?

[Inside the house. A pregnant woman is at the sink. With a cry, a new-born baby, complete with umbilical cord, drops from between her legs onto the floor.]
Mother: Get that would you, Deirdre...

Girl: All right, Mum.

[The girl takes the baby. Mum carries on.]

5 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Not wrong at all. You should have seen the children's faces when they announced it on the Today show as a *surprise* -- they looked vaguely horrified.

prophet said...

man. . . .

I got tired just reading about the logistics necessary to get through a day. Let alone transport the group!

I have a hard time, though, with the sign up sheet in the kitchen, for those children feeling they need more one-on-one time with parent. . . .

But hey! I know families with only one child who would do well - a whole lot better! - if they could sign up for more one-on-one time with their parents!

Nomad Librarian said...

I thought of the same thing!!! One of my coworkers told me about it, and I just started laughing...what else can you do?

Susan said...

My mom was one of 16, but that was an average-size family at that time and place. The annual family reunions are a blast. They too, are a very close-knit family.
I can't imagine the logistics or finances of it all.

Marine Wife said...

I know what you mean. I get that some people choose to have large families, but at what point does it become ridulous and even selfish on the part of the parents?