Friday, January 26, 2007

The only thing that is fat are certain people's heads.



What is wrong with people? Seriously?!

I can't visit any of my favorite gossip blogs without hearing someone weigh in on how "fat" Tyra Banks is based on these photos taken of her in Australia. What complete and utter bullshit.

Frankly, the woman looks great. I think she looks better with a little weight on her. She looks healthy. She looks real.

Every year we have another sacrificial weight lamb. A few years ago, I remember reading a movie review of "Bridget Jones' Diary." In it, the reviewer said that he thought that he liked the movie but wasn't sure because he was utterly distracted by the size of Renee Zellweger's ass. I was disgusted. I've watched that movie oh-so-many times, and I got to tell you, Renee does not look fat. She looks real -- a lot better than the stick figure she is in real life. And as a woman with a few curves myself, I got to say I appreciate it when movies cast actresses who don't make me feel like the fact that I have an ass somehow makes me unfit to live.

But the greater irony for me is that we have the media completely dissing the fashion industry this week because it promotes eating disorders but then has the audacity to print an article about how fat Tyra is right underneath it. It's really sad.

And don't get me started on some of the more famous gossip bloggers. Let's just say that most won't be winning any fitness contests any time soon so I'm not sure where they get off being so cruel. Let's get some unposed shots of you up on the web and see how you feel when people decide to comment.

So Tyra, you go, girl. Screw the media. I think you look fantastic. In fact, I think you could stand to gain a few more pounds. If you want, I would be pleased to take you out for some cheesecake-- my treat -- any time you are free.

No comments: