Saturday, June 16, 2007

I guess I just don't understand the fuss.


So I had read about these Chicago billboards but hadn't seen one with my own eyes. I'm so glad that someone put them up on the Internet. Now I know that there is truly no length that advertisers will not go to.

And, of course, now that they've been taken down in Chicago, they can still live forever in bits and bytes.

Frankly, I'm not quite sure what the fuss was about. I mean, they are mostly funny. First, because once you get divorced you can't afford bodies like that. Or rather, if you can, you were already partaking while you were still married.

But second, anyone who thinks that someone will see that billboard and question the sanctity of marriage or the pain of divorce is just plain stupid. Fetman, Garland & Associates, Ltd., may not be classy but they did find a way to distinguish themselves from the hundreds of other firms specializing in divorce in the area.

And even better, everyone who fussed at them for this just made sure the rest of the world heard their name so often that if they are considering a divorce, the name Fetman will automatically pop into their heads. Well done!



No comments: