Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A sign of things to come.

I feel like a bad Mommy this week. Hell, I feel like an all-around bad person.

CPT Dick has already taken off for our next duty station and I'm left here holding the bag. And it's just been one of those weeks at work, with appointments changing left and right, where I feel like the only thing I've done for my kid is make sure the Muppet Show DVD is on repeat since I'm just running that hard to catch up. It sucks.

I've eaten too much (and crap at that), not exercised enough and forgot to buy a gift for a lovely little girl's birthday party. The house is a mess. I need to finish two more big pieces before the weekend and have to make some time with the Army bureaucracy in order to make sure our move is a go. But I haven't yet. I just can't seem to get it all together.

And this is only the first few days of absence for a short time away. What is it going to be like when CPT Dick takes off for 15-18 months?

Eh. Here's hoping next week can bring some balance with it.

No comments: