Sunday, July 29, 2007

At least I still have some sense of headline sensitivity.

I clicked on this CNN headline this morning: Kiss singer sidelined with heart ailment.

With a quick glance, I thought it was about Henry Kissinger. And I worried that the man, who has got to be at least 162 by now, might be ill and possibly dying. But why would a proponent of Realpolitik and suspected secret Iraq advisor to the President merit a headline third down the list? What the hell was I thinking?

After all, whether or not Paul Stanley will be able to paint his face and rock'n'roll all night and party every day is so much more important.

1 comment:

kimba said...

He's also had a hip replacement, apparently. I think there's something pretty telling about a 70's sex symbol giving out in the heart/hips area.

Oh, how I loved Kiss when I was a kid...