Thursday, August 02, 2007

Completely overwhelmed.

Between pseudo-single parenthood, taking on this whole FRG thing and work, I am utterly and completely overwhelmed. I am trying desperately to keep up but always feel like I'm falling short in one area or another.

And the worst part? I did this all to myself. I took on the FRG at my husband's request. I said I'd do more with it so I could show crazy former FRG leader who is boss. I sent out all those queries and accepted the article assignments. I agreed to the deadlines.

So really now the only thing to do is push on through.

And, of course, somehow teach Munchkin how to sleep past 6am.

4 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

I cut back on my commitments to others so far that I was having too much time on my hands. Now I am adding stuff back in, but I need to be careful. One of my biggest problems is overextending myself. For me it is all ego. So I am trying to check my motives for agreeing to take on something new: is it ego or is it something that will really feed my soul?

There's the deep thought for the day.

Marine Wife said...

I call it married single parenthood. And it sucks. Can you take some time off after your deadlines? Treat yourself to a massage after the last one. Trust me, it's well worth it! And you so deserve it!

Hoping things ease up a bit for you.

Lee Anne said...

Deadlines... A very wise woman told me that deadlines are our friends. :)

I hear you on being overwhelmed.

Remember to breathe... and enjoy a glass of wine every now and then.

You can DO it!

Non-Essential Equipment said...

I'm trying to remember that. I've turned in two stories so far. Now only 7 to go.

And hopefully the rest of the drama will recede this week.

If not, there is always beer. Sweet, lovable beer, my love for you will never die.